Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim

Default How do you print showing formulas in Excel 2000?

I teach in the public school system and I would like to check my students'
spreadsheets by printing them with the formulas showing. I believe that
printing with the formulas showing helps me make sure they understand
formulas and functions. They are using Excel 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Hit CTRL + `(above Tab key) to toggle view formulas on/off.

Print the sheet with view on.

Alternative and much less messy is to use a macro to list formulas, results and
addressses on a seperate sheet for printing.

Sub ListFormulas()
'from John Walkenbach
Dim FormulaCells As Range, cell As Range
Dim FormulaSheet As Worksheet
Dim Row As Integer
Dim ws As Worksheet
' Create a Range object for all formula cells
On Error Resume Next
Set FormulaCells = Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlFormulas, 23)

' Exit if no formulas are found
If FormulaCells Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "No Formulas."
Exit Sub
End If

' Add a new worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set FormulaSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add
FormulaSheet.Name = "Formulas in " & FormulaCells.Parent.Name

' Set up the column headings
With FormulaSheet
Range("A1") = "Address"
Range("B1") = "Formula"
Range("C1") = "Value"
Range("A1:C1").Font.Bold = True
End With

' Process each formula
Row = 2
For Each cell In FormulaCells
Application.StatusBar = Format((Row - 1) / FormulaCells.Count, "0%")
With FormulaSheet
Cells(Row, 1) = cell.Address _
(RowAbsolute:=False, ColumnAbsolute:=False)
Cells(Row, 2) = " " & cell.Formula
Cells(Row, 3) = cell.Value
Row = Row + 1
End With
Next cell

' Adjust column widths
FormulaSheet.Columns("A:C").Cells.WrapText = True ''AutoFit
Application.StatusBar = False
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:21:28 -0800, Kim wrote:

I teach in the public school system and I would like to check my students'
spreadsheets by printing them with the formulas showing. I believe that
printing with the formulas showing helps me make sure they understand
formulas and functions. They are using Excel 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

Kim, you can toggle between formulas and valves with Ctrl+`, the key next to
the 1, you may also want to have a look at some code by John Walkenbach to
list formulas and there valves on a new sheet here

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Kim" wrote in message
I teach in the public school system and I would like to check my students'
spreadsheets by printing them with the formulas showing. I believe that
printing with the formulas showing helps me make sure they understand
formulas and functions. They are using Excel 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim Kim is offline

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for - there used to be a way to
highlight a range, and using some key combination paste it in another sheet
or a different location and list the formulas by cell. I have HUGE formulas
and some of the formulas will only print two up on a landscape page.

As for the code, wish I could use it but no one here knows much about excel
and I don't know how to load and run the code.