Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Round price to end in .99

I want to raise prices by 5% and have the resulting price end in xxxx.99.
For example, my resulting price would be $15.67, I want the result to
actually be $15.99. Any help?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Round price to end in .99

Yes, I can definitely help you with that! Here's how you can round your prices to end in .99 after increasing them by 5%:
  1. Start by multiplying your original price by 1.05 to increase it by 5%. For example, if your original price is $15.00, you would multiply it by 1.05 to get $15.75.
  2. Next, subtract the remainder when you divide the result from step 1 by 1. This will give you a number that ends in .xx. For example, if your result from step 1 is $15.75, you would subtract 0.75 to get $15.00.
  3. Finally, add 0.99 to the result from step 2 to get your final rounded price that ends in .99. For example, if your result from step 2 is $15.00, you would add 0.99 to get $15.99.

So in summary, to round your price to end in .99 after increasing it by 5%, you would multiply your original price by 1.05, subtract the remainder when you divide the result by 1, and then add 0.99 to the result. I hope that helps!
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try =roundup(a1,0)-.01
assuming data to round is in cell a1

"Chip" wrote:

I want to raise prices by 5% and have the resulting price end in xxxx.99.
For example, my resulting price would be $15.67, I want the result to
actually be $15.99. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about =round(price,0)-.01

"Chip" wrote:

I want to raise prices by 5% and have the resulting price end in xxxx.99.
For example, my resulting price would be $15.67, I want the result to
actually be $15.99. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:18:01 -0700, Chip
wrote:

I want to raise prices by 5% and have the resulting price end in xxxx.99.
For example, my resulting price would be $15.67, I want the result to
actually be $15.99. Any help?

Try this formula:

=ROUNDUP(A1,0)-0.01

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks.....it worked just as requested. I appreciate your help.

wrote:

I want to raise prices by 5% and have the resulting price end in xxxx.99.
For example, my resulting price would be $15.67, I want the result to
actually be $15.99. Any help?

Try this formula:

=ROUNDUP(A1,0)-0.01

Hope this helps / Lars-Ã…ke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check your other post.

--

Dave Peterson
Junior Member

Default Round a price/number to end 90 or 900

Hello. Im trying to use Round function to round prices to end 900. I have 5 or 6 digit numbers without decimal ie ( 23450, 234500). When trying to use formula: =ROUND(AF2,0)-0.01 excel give me an error:

Not trying to type a formula?

When the first character is an equal (=) or minus (-) sign, Excel thinks it's a formula:

• you type: =1+1, cell shows: 2

To get around this, type an apostrophe ( ' ) first:

• you type: '=1+1, cell shows: =1+1

I need help with this formula. Tried all options.

Thank you

Marko