Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I change column from numeric to alphabet?

I have numbers in both columns and rows. I would like to have letters
accrosss the top.
Len
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

In xl2003 menus:

Tools|Options|General Tab|uncheck R1C1 Reference style.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

In EXCEL 2007:-

Office Button (top left hand corner)

Excel Options (lower right hand corner)

Formulas

- make sure that there is no tick in the box called:-

R1C1 reference style

Thanks.

wgfpshaky wrote:

I have numbers in both columns and rows. I would like to have letters
accrosss the top.
Len

--

Dave Peterson
.

Junior Member

Follow these steps to change column from numeric to alphabet

Clear the R1C1 reference style selection in Excel preferences.
Difference between A1 and R1C1 reference styles

On the Excel menu, click Preferences.

Under Authoring, click General

Clear the Use R1C1 reference style check box.

The column headings now show A, B, and C, instead of 1, 2, 3, and so on.

I hope this is helpful!
Tim Paine