Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Shrinking Graphs in Excel 2007

We have a particular issue with some spreadsheets and shrinking graphs on
each 'save as'. As they have older VB code, we cant save it under excel 2007
format and need to always save under 97-2003 format. This issue only started
occuring in the last month or so. It occurs on all PC's and for all sheets.
Is anybody aware of this issue or know if a hotfix is coming out?

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sean, there have been other postings on shrinking graphs (you can see for
yourself in the Search facility).

I wouldn't hold your breath for a hotfix.

"seanpottinger" wrote:

We have a particular issue with some spreadsheets and shrinking graphs on
each 'save as'. As they have older VB code, we cant save it under excel 2007
format and need to always save under 97-2003 format. This issue only started
occuring in the last month or so. It occurs on all PC's and for all sheets.
Is anybody aware of this issue or know if a hotfix is coming out?

Many thanks

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpottinger View Post

"seanpottinger" wrote:

We have a particular issue with some spreadsheets and shrinking graphs on
each 'save as'. As they have older VB code, we cant save it under excel 2007
format and need to always save under 97-2003 format. This issue only started
occuring in the last month or so. It occurs on all PC's and for all sheets.
Is anybody aware of this issue or know if a hotfix is coming out?

Many thanks
Have you tried this, opening the spreadsheet that has graphs in excel 2007 version and re-formating the graphs axis/size/colors and SAVE AS in .XLSX?
__________________
Thanks
Bala
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"As they have older VB code, we cant save it under excel 2007 format"

What do you mean "older" VBA code? 2007 has the same VBA, with a few
more keywords. You could save under the 2007 format, xlsx if the
workbook being saved contains no code, xlsm if it does.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
774-275-0064
http://peltiertech.com/

On 5/5/2010 5:48 AM, seanpottinger wrote:
We have a particular issue with some spreadsheets and shrinking graphs on
each 'save as'. As they have older VB code, we cant save it under excel 2007
format and need to always save under 97-2003 format. This issue only started
occuring in the last month or so. It occurs on all PC's and for all sheets.
Is anybody aware of this issue or know if a hotfix is coming out?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

As Trip to Tokyo hints, there are scads of questions and complaints
about 2007 charts resizing. Search all you want, but you'll find no
answers and no hotfixes.

- Jon
-------

"seanpottinger" wrote:

We have a particular issue with some spreadsheets and shrinking graphs on
each 'save as'. As they have older VB code, we cant save it under excel 2007
format and need to always save under 97-2003 format. This issue only started
occuring in the last month or so. It occurs on all PC's and for all sheets.
Is anybody aware of this issue or know if a hotfix is coming out?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sean, this is from Ed Ferrero MVP:-

A couple of things to try;

Check your printer driver. It may seem strange, but the printer you use can
have an effect on how charts are rendered.

See this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/111249

Remove graphic elements embedded in the chart object. There are things like
textboxes, activeX controls and the like.

I remember seeing a suggestion to place the chart on its own sheet (change
Location). Don't know if this would work for you.

Use a macro to resize the charts every time you open the worksheet. This is
just a workaround if other things do not work.
Sample code would go something like this;

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim oCht As ChartObjectFor Each oCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
oCht.Width = 400
oCht.Height = 300
Next
End Sub

Since most of us cannot reproduce the problem, it would be good if you could
post back here any solution you find.