Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default build absolute cells in formulas on mouse click

Hi there,

When one creates a cell formula by selecting various cells with the
mouse, all cells selected with the mouse appear in the formula as
relative coordinates. Is there some way to make some mouse cell
selection appear absolute? here is what I mean:

Say I want to make A1=B1+$C$1

While creating A1, I click B1, "+", click C1 which gives me A1=B1+C1
I would like for instance click B1, "+", shift-click C1 and get
A1=B1+$C$1

thx,
jm

--
jmwismer
jmwismer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28201

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the formula bar, if you click in C1 and press F4, you'll get the same
result. It's nearly as good.

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27501

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thx!

does it even without interrupting the flow of mouse cell selection.

easy one.