Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default vertical vs horizontal error bars excel 2007

Where do you differentiate if you want vertical or horizontal error bars?
When I go to more options and select custom, it always chooses either
vertical or horizontal for me (often incorrectly). Also, it sometimes says
it is doing vertical error bars and then actually makes horizontal ones.
Help anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This has bugged me as well; the new error bar interface is incomplete and
confusing. I don't know why they took it out of the Format Series dialog. If
you go to Chart Tools Layout tab Analysis group Error Bars dropdown
More Error Bars Options, it pops up a dialog that says "Format Error Bars",
with only the Vertical Error Bars listed. When you dismiss this dialog, both
sets of error bars appear, and you can click on either to refine their
formats or data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP