Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Size of plot area expands when Chart Title is deleted - why?

Hi,

I have a worksheet with about 8 charts on it. On all but 1 chart, when I
delete the Chart Title, the plot area expands. Can anyone tell me why this
happens? I'm no chart expert and I can't seem to find any obvious setting
that would control that behavior.
--
TIA
Chuck M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you have not manually adjusted the plot area size, Excel considers it the
default size. This default size changes based on whether there are axis
titles, a chart title, and a legend. Adding or removing any of these
features causes the Excel to change the plot area,

To prevent this behavior, change the size of the plot area manually.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Chuck M" wrote in message

I have a worksheet with about 8 charts on it. On all but 1 chart, when I
delete the Chart Title, the plot area expands. Can anyone tell me why this
happens? I'm no chart expert and I can't seem to find any obvious setting
that would control that behavior.
--
TIA
Chuck M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon! My user actually does want the plot size to change. I know that
the user has changed the plot size manually in the past. I can now explain
why this particular chart behaves the way it does.

BTW - I have visited your website many times and have found it a great
resource!

Thanks again.
Chuck M.