jroyv

Default How do I override fixed decimal place settings in EXcel 2003?

I have just upgraded an entire Tax/Accounting office to Excel 2003, and they
are very unhappy about this little change.

With fixed decimal set to 2 places:
In office 2000 when you entered 20. you got 20.00
In office 2003 when you entered 20. you get .20
In office 2003 when you entered 20.0 you get 20.00

It may not seem like much but when you do thousands entries a day an extra
key stroke on half of them is a big deal.

Any chance this will be fixed?

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Formatting won't help in this case. The question is about entering data,
when the Fixed Decimal option in on (ToolsOptions, Edit tab)

John Armenia wrote:
you could just change the cell format to the format you want.

John

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message

You can add a decimal and a zero at the end of the number, to override
the fixed decimals. For example, type 33.0 and it well be entered as 33

CPAMichael wrote:

How do I override fixed decimal place settings in EXcel 2003? The

override

function does not work (pressing the decimal key after enterung the

number in

a cell.)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Bzltyr

Sorry I cannot help. I just want to add my disgust at this "upgrade." As an
accountant the problem gets worse when you click into a cell and then leave
that cell and 20 turns into .20. Try explaining that to a client.

"Michael" wrote:

Well thank you. I thought it wa me and I wias misssing something. I guess I
will reinstall Excel 2002 So I can actually save time by using the program.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi RD
yes, Excel 2003 is different than the previous versions for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Ragdyer" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I don't have this problem.
Did Redmond change this for '03 Debra?

RD

------
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may

benefit !

------