Andy100

Default Excel to tab over to only certain cells

I have a database in which i input values. It has Surname, Forename, Date of
Birth, etc etc. How do i get excel to open up in cell 'Surname' as a
default, then when i press the tab key i want it to go straight to DOB, then
Forename ?

i.e. to tab from, say cell B5 straight to D8 then to E1, hope this makes
sense !!

Also, i want to copy cell B1 in sheet 1 to B1 in sheet 2, but because it is
a merged cell I just get #VALUE in sheet 2. How would i copy the text from
B1 sheet 1 to B1 sheet 2 in my example ?

Cheers
Andy

RagDyer

One way to accomplish this cursor movement is described in this old post:

http://tinyurl.com/39vzv

As to the second question,

*Don't Use Merged Cells*

Use "Center Across Selection" instead.

Select the cells to combine, then:
<Format <Cells <Alignment tab,
Expand the "horizontal" box and choose
"Center Across Selection"
--

HTH,

RD

"Andy100" wrote in message
I have a database in which i input values. It has Surname, Forename, Date of
Birth, etc etc. How do i get excel to open up in cell 'Surname' as a
default, then when i press the tab key i want it to go straight to DOB, then
Forename ?

i.e. to tab from, say cell B5 straight to D8 then to E1, hope this makes
sense !!

Also, i want to copy cell B1 in sheet 1 to B1 in sheet 2, but because it is
a merged cell I just get #VALUE in sheet 2. How would i copy the text from
B1 sheet 1 to B1 sheet 2 in my example ?

Cheers
Andy

DeVon

You format your cells (B5, D8, E1) to be unlocked then protect the
worksheet. Format Protection tab then uncheck the Protect box. Then go to
Tools and Protect the worksheet the unprotected cells will be the only cells
you can enter values into and you will tab between these three cells only.

Question 2 easy. You right click and copy the cell in worksheet 1 and in
worksheet 2 you right click paste special paste link (button in the lower
left corner of box). Merged cells make no differance.