Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lruff

Default My mouse suddenly behaves as if the left click is stuck

When I launch Excel 2003, my mouse behaves as if the left click is stuck. I
cannot change the mouse to a pointer (to get to the toolbar, for example) or
any other functions. I have tried repairing and reinstalling, no luck. When
I launch Excel from my remote work desktop (at the same PC), it works fine.
I am running Windows XP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bean123r

I am having some similar issues running Excel 2003 and Windows XP. However
I've only seen the problem when I've arranged files side by side. I've not
had any luck yet with a solution, including changing out my mouse.

Coincidence?

"lruff" wrote:

When I launch Excel 2003, my mouse behaves as if the left click is stuck. I
cannot change the mouse to a pointer (to get to the toolbar, for example) or
any other functions. I have tried repairing and reinstalling, no luck. When
I launch Excel from my remote work desktop (at the same PC), it works fine.
I am running Windows XP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Doesn't sound like anything I am familiar with because you had to have
exited Excel and to have opened another workbook in the meantime.

Just the same I would try changing the wheel-button to "Enter"

and take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

---
HTH,

"lruff" wrote:

When I launch Excel 2003, my mouse behaves as if the left click is stuck. I
cannot change the mouse to a pointer (to get to the toolbar, for example) or
any other functions. I have tried repairing and reinstalling, no luck. When
I launch Excel from my remote work desktop (at the same PC), it works fine.
I am running Windows XP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lruff

"lruff" wrote:

When I launch Excel 2003, my mouse behaves as if the left click is stuck. I
cannot change the mouse to a pointer (to get to the toolbar, for example) or
any other functions. I have tried repairing and reinstalling, no luck. When
I launch Excel from my remote work desktop (at the same PC), it works fine.
I am running Windows XP

I don't believe this is a mouse problem, as I can launch Excel by connecting
remotely to my work desktop (same mouse) and have no problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried holding down the shift button for like 10 seconds?
Could it be that your shift button locked on you cause you held it down
to long?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
carlos

Have you got any luck with this issue?
I have the exact same problem with a user and also try re-installing and
repair with no results.

Let me know.

Carlos