Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KA KA is offline

Default Worksheet Filtering by UserName

I have an excel workbook with 60 tabs (worksheets) that contain user
production data and I need a way that when someone opens up the workbook they
only see the (worksheet) tab with their information only and not the entire
workbook. Is there a way to do this in excel?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Probably the best way to do this is to create a sheet and name it something
like 'Passwords' and put a command button in that sheet and point it to this
code:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim i_pwd As String

i_pwd = InputBox("Please Enter Password to Unhide Sheet", "Unhide Sheet...")
If i_pwd = "" Then
Exit Sub
End If
Select Case (i_pwd)
'#1
Case Is = "mypassword"
Worksheets("Sheet1").Visible = True
Worksheets("Sheet2").Visible = True
Worksheets("Sheet3").Visible = True
Worksheets("Sheet4").Visible = True
Sheets("Sheet1").Select

Case Else
MsgBox "Incorrect password; no action taken.", vbInformation, _
"Unhide Sheet..."
End Select

Exit Sub

End Sub

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"KA" wrote:

I have an excel workbook with 60 tabs (worksheets) that contain user
production data and I need a way that when someone opens up the workbook they
only see the (worksheet) tab with their information only and not the entire
workbook. Is there a way to do this in excel?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is possible but involves a whole lot of VBA code to hide sheets and
arrange passwords or login names for each user.

Also a contingency plan if users decide to disable macros when opening the
workbook.

You also have the weakness of Excel's internal security to deal with and
hiding the code from prying eyes.

I would suggest your time and effort be directed to using the Master
workbook to update each user's data on user's worksheet.

Each user has his/her own workbook with one sheet that is linked to his/her
sheet in the Master workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP