Annette

Default How do I create a column label in Excel?

How do I create a column label in Excel? I've tried insertnamelabel,
specifying the range I wanted protected, but the specified "names" were still
sorted as data by Excel. Also tried insertnamecreatetop row, again, no
protected labels resulted.

Seems like a silly question, but I'm at a roadblock here, and would
appreciate a little guidance.

Thanks.
Roger Govier

Hi Annette

If you are just trying to hold the top row of labels visible as you scroll
down the screen, then you need to place your cursor in cell A2 and go to
Windows=Frezze Panes. Placing the cursor in B2 before this operation would
alos lock the leftmost column.

If you are saying that when you carry out a Sort in Excel, your headings are
being sorted with hte data, then try marking your whole block of data to be
sorted (including your labels) then choosing Data=Sort make sure the radio
button is checked for "My data range has header row"

--
Regards
Roger Govier