Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert symbol as a header for a column

I would like to insert 1/5 as a fraction header for a column. You can select
from the symbol menus say for instance under the Airal choices menu as there
are a small number of fraction signs to select. I do not want to particular
type in 1/5 or 1/5th as I want the looks that are obtained from using the
symbol inputs.

Does anybody know how you might achieve this?

Thanks
--
James
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The code for one fifth is 8533.

Insert the following UDF:

Function unicd(r As Long) As String
unicd = ChrW(r)
End Function

Format A1 as Ariel MS Unicode
In A1 enter:

=unicd(8533)

User Defined Functions (UDFs) are very easy to install and use:

1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE window
2. ALT-I
ALT-M opens a fresh module
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the UDF will be saved with it.

To remove the UDF:

1. bring up the VBE window as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To use the UDF from Excel:

=unicd(A1)

To learn more about macros in general, see:

or

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Writin...ionsInVBA.aspx
for specifics on UDFs

--