Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bobby G

Default Shared Workbook Problem

I have two users sharing a workbook. We have configured the workbook to
auto-update every five minutes. This functionality appears to be working
okay, as the changes are saved and the workbook refreshes and displays
changes from the other user.

The problem we've encountered - - as the workbook is closed and re-opened,
any data that has been input into the cells is duplicated and randomly placed
in other cells within the same sheet. I don't see any rhyme or reason as to
why this is happening...

If i entered "Hello" into cell A1 on one computer, and entered "Bye" into
cell D4 on another... saved, then closed the workbook. On either computer I
re-open the work book and I see "Hello" in cell A1 but also cell A3. I see
"Bye" in cell D4 but also D6.

We are working in Excel 2003. This is a shared workbook in a standard
workgroup network setup. The workbook is also password protected with an
open password and a write password. Both versions of Office are identical
and have the latest service pack and updates installed.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.