Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brandon

Default Not able to Paste into other cells

I have a user who is trying to copy & paste data from multiple cells on a
worksheet, to another area on the worksheet. When he tries to paste, it
pastes totally different numbers than the previous cells. I was able to
paste the correct data but in Word.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but the user was trying to copy cells
of data pasted into an Outlook email into an Excel worksheet. Is it possible
that the data wouldn't paste into Excel correctly because Outlook uses Word
as its editor??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Brandon --

It occurs to me that, when you're pasting, you're pasting the cell formulas.
Those formulas pick up new (or non-existent) data in the new worksheet. The
reason why it would work in Word would be because it's pasting the cell
results instead. To test this idea, use EditPasteSpecial to just paste
the cell values and see if you get the right results.

HTH