ozcank

Default Multiple countifs

Hi All

Ok, what I would like to do is use multiple countif functions in 1
cell. I have a list of values in column C, and a corresponding
tolerance in column B. So basically, it's something like if C2 B2,
then count as 1, if C3 < B3, then count as 1, if C4 = B4, then count
as 1, if C5 B5, then count as 1, etc.

I want to be able to count the number of cells in column C that meet
the criteria against their targets in column B. Is this possible?

I hope this makes sense

Much appreciated

Oz

--
ozcank

ozcank's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5328
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484779

Bob Phillips

Oz,

Use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B20C2:C20))

etc.

--

HTH

RP

"ozcank" wrote in
message ...

Hi All

Ok, what I would like to do is use multiple countif functions in 1
cell. I have a list of values in column C, and a corresponding
tolerance in column B. So basically, it's something like if C2 B2,
then count as 1, if C3 < B3, then count as 1, if C4 = B4, then count
as 1, if C5 B5, then count as 1, etc.

I want to be able to count the number of cells in column C that meet
the criteria against their targets in column B. Is this possible?

I hope this makes sense

Much appreciated

Oz

--
ozcank

ozcank's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484779

ozcank

Thanks Bob

The problem was that each cell criteria differed from the one above.
some cells were to be counted if they were less than the value in the
next column, others to be counted if they were more and others if they
were equal. I think I have it worked out. I can get the result if I
use

=SUM(K4$D4)+SUM(K5<$D5)+SUM(K6<$D6)+SUM(K7=$D7) etc

which seems to work.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

Oz