Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "Unable to Read File" error message in Excel - solutions?

Created file last Friday and now cannot open it. Same computer (Excel
9.9.6926 SP-3). Get "Unable to Read File" error. I can open it with Word so
I can read the data but cannot open in Excel or Access.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you created an Excel file, and someone opened it in Word and Word did an
autosave of the file while it was open, then it would corrupt the xls file
making it unable to open in Excel. you will need to recreate