jgarzoli

Default Send Excel File As Read Only

Hi all,

I have an Excel file that I set to 'Read Only'. However, when I try to
e-mail the file to someone, it comes through to them without the 'Read
Only' property checked. Is it possible to send an Excel file as 'Read
Only'? I was able to zip it, send it through and it went okay, but I'd
prefer not to send it as a zip file. Same with just protecting the
sheets in the workbook. I'd really like to send it as read only.

Thanks for any help,

Jeremy

--
jgarzoli
Dave Peterson

You could save it with a password.

File|SaveAs
Tools|General Options|
give it a nice password to modify

If they don't know that password, then they can only open in readonly mode.
They will get a prompt, though.

Well, until they save it as a new name and remove that password!