Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I use a cell as a Link to a Word document

I am trying to use a cell as a Link to a word document is there anyway to
make that happen... I want to be able to have it so you can click on it and
it opens up a seprate window with the Word document..

Thanks soo much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With the cell selected, you can go to Insert--Hyperlink and then in the
Insert Hyperlink window that opens up, choose to link to and Existing File
or Web Page. Where it says "Look in:", you can browse to the Word document
that you would to have open and then just click on the word document itself
in the file listings. You can alter the "Text to display:" to alter what is
shown in the cell...it generally defaults to whatever the name of the Word
document is. then just click on "OK" and you're done.

More information can be found at
http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...yperlinks.html

Hope that helps!

-Brian Beck