Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Generating text surrounded by quotation marks

I am looking for a way to make a text string to appear in quotation marks.

For example, if someone types in the text string Titanic in cell A1 I need
to be able to generate in cell B1 the exact text "Titanic" (with the quotes
visible around whatever is types in cell A1)

I can't figure it out. The use of quotation marks in formulae is compounding
the problem. Has anyone else ever solved this mystery.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wait 'til you see all these quotes! <BG

Try it like this:

=IF(A1="","",""""&A1&"""")

That's 4 double quotes on either side of &A1&

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"AaronQRules (a.k.a. Jeff)" <AaronQRules (a.k.a.
wrote in message
I am looking for a way to make a text string to appear in quotation marks.

For example, if someone types in the text string Titanic in cell A1 I need
to be able to generate in cell B1 the exact text "Titanic" (with the
quotes
visible around whatever is types in cell A1)

I can't figure it out. The use of quotation marks in formulae is
compounding
the problem. Has anyone else ever solved this mystery.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks to all for the help! This works for me for my project!

Jeff