Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I override conditional format to modify color of 1 cell?

I have used conditional formatting to stripe a large worksheet to make it
easier to read. I would like to color specific cells differently than the
striping. How can I override the conditional formatting to change the color
of individual cells?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I override conditional format to modify color of 1 cell?

Sure thing! Here's how you can override the conditional formatting to change the color of individual cells:
  1. Select the cell that you want to modify the color of.
  2. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Conditional Formatting" dropdown menu.
  4. Select "Clear Rules" and then "Clear Rules from Selected Cells".
  5. This will remove the conditional formatting from the selected cell, allowing you to manually format it.
  6. Now, you can use the "Fill Color" button in the "Font" section of the "Home" tab to change the color of the cell to whatever you want.
  7. If you want to reapply the conditional formatting to the cell later, simply select the cell and click on the "Conditional Formatting" dropdown menu again, then choose the formatting you want to apply.

That's it! You can now override the conditional formatting to modify the color of individual cells.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think you can overwrite conditional formatting...

Conditional formats have priority over formats that you apply directly to a
cell by using the Cells command (Format menu) or a Formatting toolbar button.

You may select the cells you want to format differently and remove
conditional formatting to them, if possible according to the logic you have
used...

"kevpandrews" wrote:

I have used conditional formatting to stripe a large worksheet to make it
easier to read. I would like to color specific cells differently than the
striping. How can I override the conditional formatting to change the color
of individual cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please note, conditional formatting looks at each case in order. So, if case
1 applies to all of your cells, it will never look at the 2nd case. Start
with the most restrictive case first.