Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Printing curtain cells

Hello I would like to fill out a work order using excel. the work orders we
have are printed and we fill in with pen what we have done. I made up a
sheeet in excel that matches the work order and I can fill it in on the the
screen. then when I tell it to print I also get the part that is preprinted.
is there a way that I can tell the sheet not to print the cells I don't need.

--
Thank You
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Steve
Highlight the first are you want to print, then hold down the control key
and highlight all the other areas that you want to print.
Now select File / Print and check the Selection radio button.
this will then print out the areas you have selected.

But I have to ask, if you went to all the trouble of creating a "template"
of the preprinted form, why wouldn't you print it out as a completed form ??

HTH
Michael M

"steve" wrote:

Hello I would like to fill out a work order using excel. the work orders we
have are printed and we fill in with pen what we have done. I made up a
sheeet in excel that matches the work order and I can fill it in on the the
screen. then when I tell it to print I also get the part that is preprinted.
is there a way that I can tell the sheet not to print the cells I don't need.

--
Thank You
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the info I'll try it as soon as I can. the work order are handled
by and printed by a seperate department. that does not want us to fill them
out in the mainsaver program.
--
Thank You
Steve