Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Macro

Two Oracle databases are being run parallel. The data in these databases
need to be verified as being the same.

sqlplus code has been developed to generates a text file of differences
between the data in the databases.

I am using an excel macro to format the data produced by the sqlplus code.
The rows that selected have identical numbers in the first column of the
report. The last piece that I am trying to accomplish is as follows:

1. Find the two duplicate numbers in the first column of the report,
2. Select the two duplicate number rows,
3. Find the cells in the rows that are different, and , finally,
4. Highlight the different cell values.

Can up help me with the coding for this?

phmckeever

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you can sort the file in Excel by the first column of numbers you can
then use conditional formatting to highlight the differences as
follows:

- Highlight the full range of data
- Select Format\Conditional Formatting... from the menu
- Select "Formula Is" in the first drop down box
- Enter the formula =IF($A1=$A2,A1<A2,FALSE) in the text box to the
right
- Select your format preference
- Click the Add button
- For the second condition Select "Formula Is" in the first drop down
box
- Enter the formula =IF($A65536=$A1,A65536<A1,FALSE) in the text box
to the right
- Select your format preference (same one as above probably)
- Click OK

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573088

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excelenator,

There are highlights in the spreadsheet; but, not the cells I need
highlighted. I need to find the rows with the same row number; and, then,
highlight the cells that caused the rows to be selected. In other words, I
want to highlight the two cells in the duplicate rows that are different.

Can you rewrite the IF..statement?

phmckeever