Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ken

Default Missing menu items

My Excel 2003 is missing the <List submenu from the Data menu, even though
I have turned on the display of all menus. I noticed that the menu
displayed in the spot where the <List should occur is a Mappoint 2004
integration menu. I tried removing the Mappoint COM add-in, but it did not
restore the menu. Anyone have any suggestions? I haven't tried
re-installing yet. If I do, is there a particular order that they should be
installed (i.e., Mappoint first, then Excel)?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Piri

Not sure with the 2003 version but have you tried Reset of the Toolbars/
Menus ?
Tools - Customise - Reset

Piri

Ken wrote:
My Excel 2003 is missing the <List submenu from the Data menu, even though
I have turned on the display of all menus. I noticed that the menu
displayed in the spot where the <List should occur is a Mappoint 2004
integration menu. I tried removing the Mappoint COM add-in, but it did not
restore the menu. Anyone have any suggestions? I haven't tried
re-installing yet. If I do, is there a particular order that they should be
installed (i.e., Mappoint first, then Excel)?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ken

I'll give it a try, but I think that only does the toolbars, not the menus.
BTW, I made a mistake, the MapPoint release is 2002, not 2004.

Ken wrote:
My Excel 2003 is missing the <List submenu from the Data menu, even

though
I have turned on the display of all menus. I noticed that the menu
displayed in the spot where the <List should occur is a Mappoint 2004
integration menu. I tried removing the Mappoint COM add-in, but it did

not
restore the menu. Anyone have any suggestions? I haven't tried
re-installing yet. If I do, is there a particular order that they

should be
installed (i.e., Mappoint first, then Excel)?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Piri

In Excel 2000 it resets the Menus too?
Function is described as "Restore original buttons and menus for a
built-in toolbar" - note "Built-in Toolbars and Menus" only.
Good luck.

Piri