Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Matthew

Default How do i execute a VBA function by clicking on an excel cell?

I am trying to open a file in a program (Microsoft) by clicking on an excel
file.

Initially I tried a regular hyperlink, but excel seems to ignore the
[filename] part of: c:\directory\ustation.exe [filename] where
[filename] is the actual name of the file. Excel only opens the program, not
the file as well. Where as this DOES work as a command prompt from a command
window.

So I have written a function in VBA which does work. But I can't get excel
to execute the function when I click on the cell, like a hyperlink.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

How about just putting a little button from the Forms toolbar next to that cell.

Then assign your macro to that little button.

--

Dave Peterson