bremboy

Default moving mouse highlights cells without touching left mouse button

in excel, it seems there is some sort of lock on so when i move my mouse
around in a worksheet, it highlights all of the cells i move across. this
happens when the left mouse button isn't being touched, and i can't work out
what i have done to do this. have already tried the f8 button, but this
doesn't help
Gord Dibben

Is it a wheelie-mouse?

Try depressing the wheel a few times.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:41:05 -0800, "bremboy"
wrote:

in excel, it seems there is some sort of lock on so when i move my mouse
around in a worksheet, it highlights all of the cells i move across. this
happens when the left mouse button isn't being touched, and i can't work out
what i have done to do this. have already tried the f8 button, but this
doesn't help

bremboy

yes it is so i will try that in future. resolved the matter by deleting the
default workbook template, so it was recreated when the system was restarted.
thank you for your help tho, much obliged