Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro Needed

I have a spreadsheet for a count of days that a job is in each stage of
progress that is sorted by unit type for 2006-2008 and for each unit type I
need a series of calculations. For example, I need 2006 Total Jobs and 2006
Average Time and the same for each year.

Is there a way to automatically calculate this spreadsheet using code so I
don't have to go to each section to include the calculations needed?

If more info is needed, please let me know. I appreciate any help provided.
Thanks in advance,
Pam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Without knowing much about how your data is laid out, maybe you can:

Sort your data
then use data|subtotal
You can specify different subtotals (average, count, sum)

Or you may be able to use data|Pivottable to get a nice summary of your data.

If you've never used pivottables, here are a few links:

Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
And Debra's own site:

John Walkenbach also has some at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm
(look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database)

Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at:

MS has some at (xl2000 and xl2002):
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/XCrtPiv.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...lconPT101.aspx

--