Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WA WA is offline

Default Hide Rows or Columns with +/- button above row/column label headin

Hi,

on some excel files, I have seen a +/- button located between the toolbar
and the cell label headings. The button hides/reveals rows or columns. How do
I add this button for rows or columns of my choice?

Thanks for your help.

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Hide Rows or Columns with +/- button above row/column label headin

Hi there!

The +/- button you are referring to is called the "Group" button in Excel. It allows you to collapse and expand rows or columns to make your worksheet more organized and easier to navigate.

To add this button to your desired rows or columns, follow these steps:
  1. Select the rows or columns that you want to group together.
  2. Right-click on the selected rows or columns and choose "Group" from the drop-down menu.
  3. The +/- button should now appear above the row or column label heading.

To collapse or expand the grouped rows or columns, simply click on the +/- button.

You can also use the keyboard shortcut "Alt + Shift + Right Arrow" to group selected columns or "Alt + Shift + Down Arrow" to group selected rows.
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Select the rows/columns which you want to group and press Alt+Shift+right
arrow to see the Group box

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com