vrk1

Default How to change Series order in a Combination Chart?

I have 3 series of data in my chart:

1st two series are in a Stacked Column chart
3rd series is a Clustered Column Chart

They are in the order as follows:

Series2
Series1 Series3

(Where Series 2 is stacked on top of Series 1)

I want to change the series order now as follows:

Series2
Series3 Series1

I tried right clicking on my chart and went into Format Data Series - Series
Order and change the Series order there. Nothing happens.

Why is this not working? And, how do I change the series?

Please help.

P.S. I have gone through Jon Peltier's example and many other combination
chart examples on the internet. I am still not able to resolve my problem.

John Mansfield

vrk1,

I don't believe that you will be able to change the series order with any of
Excel's chart tools. The arrangement of the source data on the spreadsheet
will need to be changed to change the chart.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"vrk1" wrote:

I have 3 series of data in my chart:

1st two series are in a Stacked Column chart
3rd series is a Clustered Column Chart

They are in the order as follows:

Series2
Series1 Series3

(Where Series 2 is stacked on top of Series 1)

I want to change the series order now as follows:

Series2
Series3 Series1

I tried right clicking on my chart and went into Format Data Series - Series
Order and change the Series order there. Nothing happens.

Why is this not working? And, how do I change the series?

Please help.

P.S. I have gone through Jon Peltier's example and many other combination
chart examples on the internet. I am still not able to resolve my problem.

vrk1

Thanks for your response. Can you show me with an example how I can get
this done by rearranging the source data please?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Ravi

"vrk1" wrote:

I have 3 series of data in my chart:

1st two series are in a Stacked Column chart
3rd series is a Clustered Column Chart

They are in the order as follows:

Series2
Series1 Series3

(Where Series 2 is stacked on top of Series 1)

I want to change the series order now as follows:

Series2
Series3 Series1

I tried right clicking on my chart and went into Format Data Series - Series
Order and change the Series order there. Nothing happens.

Why is this not working? And, how do I change the series?

Please help.

P.S. I have gone through Jon Peltier's example and many other combination
chart examples on the internet. I am still not able to resolve my problem.

Myriam

If you reorder your data like this you will get your desired results:

A B C D E F G
Series1 200 300 600
Series2 250 400 700
Series 3 100 280 500