Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default convert date mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy

I am in the US. How can I convert dates from the US format to Euorpean but
still have the dates be dates and not text. The custom format dd/mm/yyyy
makes the dates display the correct way but they are still actually in the US
format.
--
maryj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

<they are still actually in the US format.

They're not. There is no internal "date format". Dates are stored as the number of days since 1-1-1900 (the date serial number).
They are displayed according to the format string.

Format as General to check that both dates represent the same date serial number.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel