Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy/paste won't refer to the appropriate range of cells

my worksheet first has columns representing the months of the year for 5
years. i.e. - jan '06, feb '06....nov '10, dec '10

then are colums representing the quarters for only 2 years i.e - qtr 1
'06...qtr 4 '07

so the cell under qtr 1 '06 will have the formula =sum a1:a3

the cell under qtr 2 '06 will have the formula =sum a4:a6 and so on

How can I copy/paste the cells I currently have to the cells for the last 3
years worh of quarters (qtr1 '08-qtr4 '09) and still keep the proper
references? When i try to copy/paste or copy/paste special or auto fill,
excell desn't properly fill in the formulas. if the cell i try to copy
refers to, say, a21 - a23, the first copied cell will refer to a22-a24
instead of a24 - a26.

i have about 20 worksheets with this problem both for the quraters and for
the years and I'm getting tired of changing it all by hand!

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

debandstormy wrote:
[...]

You can copy the formula 3 (or more, depending if you are summing a quarter,
a semester or a full year) positions away from that you need and than delete
the empty rows/columns unneeded.

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.