Barb Reinhardt

Default Jon Peltier - Pivot Table Result for yesterday's "Complex Chart" Question

Jon,

How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and
I just can't envision how this one would be done.

Thanks,
Barb

Jon Peltier

Hi Barb -

I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I
didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it
didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

Jon,

How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and
I just can't envision how this one would be done.

Thanks,
Barb

Barb Reinhardt

Thanks for the info! I'll have to play with this some more when I have
some time to really figure it out. I can see that I've just scratched the
surface on pivot table usage.

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

Jon,

How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice

and
I just can't envision how this one would be done.

Thanks,
Barb

Jon Peltier

Barb -

The only way to become adept with pivot tables is to keep playing with them, abusing
them, trying different arrangements. Half of what I know about them I've learned by
accident.

Recently I started using VBA to manipulate pivot tables and to establish pivot table
data ranges for regular charts. This has really jumped me a step or two further
along with these fun little tools.

- Jon
-------