Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Chart format copying?

Hello I have a bit of a problem - I have over 100 pie charts that need to
have their colour scheme changed so that they can be seen against a dark blue
background. Is it possible to do this quickly or do I have to change each
segment of each chart individually? Is it even possible to choose all the
indivdual colours for the segments while the graph is being created?
Basically, any changes en masse is what I'm looking for. TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make th e changes for on char while recorrding a macor. To record a macro use
on tools - Macro - Record New Macro. After completing the operation go back
and stop recording. either modify the macrro yourself, orr ask for help at
the discussion group (post macro). these macros are usually very simple to
modify.

"moily" wrote:

Hello I have a bit of a problem - I have over 100 pie charts that need to
have their colour scheme changed so that they can be seen against a dark blue
background. Is it possible to do this quickly or do I have to change each
segment of each chart individually? Is it even possible to choose all the
indivdual colours for the segments while the graph is being created?
Basically, any changes en masse is what I'm looking for. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format one chart the way you like it, copy the chart, select the next chart,
go to Edit menu Paste Special, and choose Formats.

Note, this will also copy such things as the chart title and customized
label text.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"moily" wrote in message
Hello I have a bit of a problem - I have over 100 pie charts that need to
have their colour scheme changed so that they can be seen against a dark
blue
background. Is it possible to do this quickly or do I have to change each
segment of each chart individually? Is it even possible to choose all the
indivdual colours for the segments while the graph is being created?
Basically, any changes en masse is what I'm looking for. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Never mind my previous comment I got it to work and it's brilliant - thanx so
much Joel!!!

"Moily" wrote:

Can't do this as Charts are already there and depend on very different data -
i'd have to go back and change the source data for each.

How does the macro version work? If I record a macro for the one chart
wouldn't it just update the one chart every time I ran it? Is that what Joel
meant by editing the macro? Does anyone know how to do that in this room?

"moily" wrote in message
Hello I have a bit of a problem - I have over 100 pie charts that need to
have their colour scheme changed so that they can be seen against a dark
blue
background. Is it possible to do this quickly or do I have to change each
segment of each chart individually? Is it even possible to choose all the
indivdual colours for the segments while the graph is being created?
Basically, any changes en masse is what I'm looking for. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Moily" wrote in message
Can't do this as Charts are already there and depend on very different
data -
i'd have to go back and change the source data for each.

Not if you copy the first chart, select the second chart, and use Paste
Special - Formats.

- Jon
-------