Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Cell Length

H have data (number) to be imported from a database to Excell worksheet
the long of this number is up to 20 digits. when exporting it the last
digits (after fifteen digits) become zeroes. For example,
82000032656565612345 becomes 82000032656565600000.

Kindly confirm if there is any settings to modify the Excel cell to
accept like this number!!!

Your help is highly appreciated..

--
ansi_11111
ansi_11111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35220

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When importing, rename the file to a .txt file
Then Excel will prompt you for the type of field.
Choose Text for this one: Excel's precision for numbers is limited to 15 significant digits.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"ansi_11111" wrote in message

| H have data (number) to be imported from a database to Excell worksheet
| the long of this number is up to 20 digits. when exporting it the last
| digits (after fifteen digits) become zeroes. For example,
| 82000032656565612345 becomes 82000032656565600000.
|
| Kindly confirm if there is any settings to modify the Excel cell to
| accept like this number!!!
|
| Your help is highly appreciated..
|

| --
| ansi_11111
| ansi_11111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35220
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568618

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, but when exporting from the database to excel file, is it the
same??

--
ansi_11111
ansi_11111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35220
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568618

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would think that once it is text, it will be exported as text.
I suggest you try and let us know the result

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel