Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kitcox

Default I want to apply a formula to an entire column.

I keep a running checkbook balance in a worksheet. Can I apply the formula
to the entire column (which has an alpha header) without having to drag the
fill handle down manually?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

Here is one I have used.

Sub balance()
[a7].Select
Sort
[h7] = [d7]
Set frng = Range("h8:h" & Range("a65536").End(xlUp).Row)
With frng
.Formula = "=h7+d8"
.Formula = .Value
End With

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"kitcox" wrote in message
I keep a running checkbook balance in a worksheet. Can I apply the formula
to the entire column (which has an alpha header) without having to drag
the
fill handle down manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

kit

If you have data in an adjacent column you can just double-click on the fill
handle of the formula cell and the formula will be copied down to end of data.

Alternative.........

Enter the formula in A1.

In namebox type A1:A1234 and ENTER.

EditFillDown

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:07:03 -0800, kitcox
wrote:

I keep a running checkbook balance in a worksheet. Can I apply the formula
to the entire column (which has an alpha header) without having to drag the
fill handle down manually?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kitcox

Thank you, Gord.

I had not known about the double-clicking-on-the-fill-handle business. It
doesn't really appply to this issue but it's helpful to know.

Your second suggestion worked with a minor modification. I entered the
range of cells in the namebox to highlight them, then entered the formula in
the top cell, and pressed ctrl-enter.

-Kit