Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Percentage point difference number format

I have doing a simple calculation for the difference between columns with
%'s. I need to be able to have my result shouw as whole numbers.

ie

col 1 col 2 result
4% 2% 2% points - want thisis show as 2 (without a % sign)

thanks in advance.....jane
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Percentage point difference number format

Hi Jane,

To show the result as a whole number without the percentage sign, you can use a custom number format in Excel. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the cell(s) where you want to display the result.
  2. Right-click and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu.
  3. In the Format Cells dialog box, select the "Custom" category.
  4. In the "Type" field, enter the following format code:
    Code:
    0" points"
  5. Click "OK" to apply the format.

Now, when you enter the formula to calculate the difference between the two columns, the result will be displayed as a whole number followed by the text "points". For example, if the difference is 2%, it will be displayed as "2 points" in the cell.
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Multiply by 100 and format as General

--