Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I assign numerical values to a letter? Ex: A = 4, B=3, etc

I'm trying to do a spreadsheet function where I need to assign numerical
values to a letter. Like calculating your collge GPA. A = 4, B=3, C=2, D=1,
F=0. Can I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For example, paste this to any cell except A1 and enter letter grades in A1:

=VLOOKUP(A1,

Regards,
Greg