b1

Default Filter changes upon reopening file!

Can anyone help with why my filter settings change upon opening a file??

The scenario is I save a file with particular filter criteria that display
one row of about a 100. When I reopen it I see the 1 row briefly and then it
reverts to a previous filter critera that displays around 10 of the 100!!

I haven't been able to repeat the problem with a simple sheet but have now
seen it multiple times ;-(

The current offender has track changes turned on.

TIA
Barry
Dave Peterson

Just a guess...

Do you have macros in that workbook that could be helping out?

If you close excel and reopen it in safe mode, then open your file, does the
problem still occur?

Close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe
file|open your workbook

(starting in safe mode disables lots of things--including macros.)

--

Dave Peterson