Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Beginning of Year

I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Beginning of Year

__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean by calendar year? If you have a date in A1 and you want the
first date of the same year you can use

=DATE(YEAR(A1),1,1)

format as date

Peo Sjoblom

"Lucy" wrote in message
I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put a year in A1 and in A2, enter:

=DATE(A1,1,1) then format A2 as dddd to display:

Tuesday
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200801

"Lucy" wrote:

I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, clarification: I have a date in the format (mm/dd/yyyy), say in cell
H4. I wish to enter a formula, say in cell G5, that would return 01/01/yyyy
of the year in cell H4. Is there such a formula?

"Lucy" wrote:

I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this in G5:

=DATE(YEAR(H4),1,1)

Format the cell as you wish to see it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Lucy" wrote:

I'm nowhere near the technical level as most of you on this site, so I'm
hoping you can help me out.

Isn't there a formula you can enter in Excel that will return the first
calendar year of a year?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Lucy - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Aug 26, 11:51*pm, Lucy wrote:
Beautiful! Thank you.