Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kath

Default sort, 2 row header

Hello,

I would like to preserve 2 rows for headers (don't want to merge cells,
or use alt-enter to put text on two lines). How do I sort and preserve
these 2 (or more) row headers?

Thank you,
Kath

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"Kath" wrote:
I would like to preserve 2 rows for headers (don't want to merge cells,
or use alt-enter to put text on two lines). How do I sort and preserve
these 2 (or more) row headers?

Try selecting only the data rows (below the headers)
then Data Sort Check "No header row"
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kath

Hi Max,

Thank you very much for the reply. It's just that I have a lot of data
rows and was trying to avoid the cumbersome task of selecting them all
each time I want to sort.

Thank you,
Kath

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"Kath" wrote:
Thank you very much for the reply.
It's just that I have a lot of data rows and
was trying to avoid the cumbersome task of selecting them all
each time I want to sort.

Perhaps try naming the data-range,
then to select it thereafter,
just click the name from the namebox ?

Assuming data range is within A3:K100

Select A3:K100, click inside the namebox*
and key-in: MyData
Press Enter
*box with the droplist just to the left of the formula bar

Then, whenever you need to select the range for sorting,
just click on the namebox droplist and select MyData
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895