Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tryer

Default how can I sort with header not on row 1

Hi,
I would like to sort 'by header' when the headers are on row 5. I know
that I can highlight all the rows from 5 to bottom of the sheet
manually then sort by header row but with a large sheet this is time
consuming. I would like to select the entire sheet and then sort by
header(on row 5)
Is this possible?

--
tryer
tryer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16546

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Wright

Get to know your shortcut keys:-

Select A5 and hold down CTRL+SHIFT and hit the END key, or hold down
CTRL+SHIFT and hit the RIGHT arrow and then the down ARROW

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"tryer" wrote in
message ...

Hi,
I would like to sort 'by header' when the headers are on row 5. I know
that I can highlight all the rows from 5 to bottom of the sheet
manually then sort by header row but with a large sheet this is time
consuming. I would like to select the entire sheet and then sort by
header(on row 5)
Is this possible?

--
tryer
tryer's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=528692

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey

You shouldn't have to select the range before sorting, unless you have blank
rows within the range you want to sort. If you simply select a cell within
the range of data, then choose DataSort, Excel does a pretty good job of
determining what the bounds of that range are.

"tryer" wrote:

Hi,
I would like to sort 'by header' when the headers are on row 5. I know
that I can highlight all the rows from 5 to bottom of the sheet
manually then sort by header row but with a large sheet this is time
consuming. I would like to select the entire sheet and then sort by
header(on row 5)
Is this possible?

--
tryer
tryer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16546
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=528692

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey

Ken - Ctrl-* (asterisk) is a great key combo, too