Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I convert 'YYYYMMDD to an age in Excel?

I exported some data from Acess to Excel but my DOB field has 'YYYYMMDD and I
need it to show as an age. It's storing it as text b/c of the ' in front of
the number. For example I have '19990501 for someone born May 1, 1999. I'd
love to find an easy way to make that show up as 7. The last time we did
this, we had to go through about 5 or 6 steps. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

With your downloaded DOB in G1 try:

=DATEDIF(DATE(--LEFT(G1,4),MID(G1,5,2),--RIGHT(G1,2)),TODAY(),"y")

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings