Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
A.R.J Allan Jefferys

Default Active Cell Copy And Paste Sheet to Sheet

Hello There
Could Someone show me how i can create a macro to copy the activecell from,
I am only working with column 1,but up to row 60 . So if I select "a2" on
sheet 2 so the macro would need to look at sheet 1 "a2" and copy the contents
to sheet2 "a2" or whichever cell I select upto row 60

I hope this makes some sense to you

Many Thanks Allan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mudraker

Allen

Try

Option Explicit

Sub CopyRows()
If ActiveCell.Row 60 Then Exit Sub
Sheets("sheet1").Rows(ActiveCell.Row & ":60").Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste

mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2473
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537994

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
A.R.J Allan Jefferys

Hello Mudraker

and thanks for the reply.

This works well, but if possible i need it to run activecell by cell, See
this is a bookin sheet, so when a guest books in today and he wants to book
another night in a12. So i select a12 on sheet2 and the form selects a12 on
sheet 1 and copies only the contents of that cell or row. This form will have
31 sheets ,but will only ever look at the sheet before it.

Does this make sense
thanks again Allan

"mudraker" wrote:

Allen

Try

Option Explicit

Sub CopyRows()
If ActiveCell.Row 60 Then Exit Sub
Sheets("sheet1").Rows(ActiveCell.Row & ":60").Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste

mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2473
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537994

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mudraker

Allen

I hope I understand correctly what you are after

This macro uses the sheet.index function
I have assumed that you have your sheets in order from left (sheet1) to
right sheet31

Sub CopyRows()
If ActiveSheet.Index =1 Then Exit Sub
If ActiveCell.Row 60 Then Exit Sub
Sheets(ActiveSheet.Index - 1).Rows(ActiveCell.Row).Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

If they are in the reverse order then use

Sub CopyRows()
If ActiveSheet.Index =1 Then Exit Sub
If ActiveCell.Row 60 Then Exit Sub
Sheets(ActiveSheet.Index + 1).Rows(ActiveCell.Row).Copy
ActiveSheet.Paste

mudraker
mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2473
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537994

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
A.R.J Allan Jefferys

mudraker

You have hit it on the head, and i am greatful.
thankyou very much

Allan