Rooster8

Default Excel to COUNTIF if number greater than one but less than another

I'm using COUNTIF for a column of 320 numbers that range from 1 to 35. I am
trying to have 3 running totals. I'm having difficulty with the middle
equation.

The first 2 seem to be working -
1. The number of instances where the entry is less than or equal to 3.
=COUNTIF(J2:J320,"<=3")

2. The number of instances where the entry is greater than 7.
=COUNTIF(J2:J320,"7")

I can't figure out the equation for greater than 3 but less than or equal to
7.
Thanks,
Ken Wright

=COUNTIF(J2:J320,"3")-COUNTIF(J2:J320,"7")

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03