Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Breaking links loses formatting & blank cells in 2007

Hi. I'm the latest recipient here at work of the upgrade from Office 2003 to
2007.

In Excel 2003, I had a number of presentation charts linked to data on
external files. Prior to publishing, I'd do a save-as under a different file
name and break all the links to the data from the charts. Doing it this way
somehow saved all the missing values as well as the data-dependent formatting
of the cells (for example, the horizontal axis would display values as dates
instead of numbers).

However, I repeat the process in 2007, and I lose both the formatting and
all my gaps are now 0's. (For my line charts, instead of just ending when
the data ends, such as in a Month-To-Date report, now all my missing data
forces the line to go down to the axis like a 0-value.)

I haven't found any help yet that lets me retain this functionality with the
upgrade. Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated,
Jeff