Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Survey Results help

I have an excel file (converted from .csv) that I would like some help
with.
We made an online survey in FrontPage to append to a .csv file. There
are 17 questions, and 4 choices for each question (A,B,C,D). The output
file has the questions across the top, and the answers below.
Eventually I want to make graphs that show how many people answered
(A,B,C,D) for each question. For Example, here is a sample of my
output.
User Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
1 A A C B
2 D A C B
3 B B B B
4 C D D A
and so on.
Is there any way for me to count how many times that A, B, C, and D
each occur for Q1 and Q2, Q3....
I don't care if I could have to use a fomula in 4 different cells for
each question.
Here is my thoughts on the process. Some fomula to the effect of
(Count all the A's in Q1)
(Count all the B's in Q1)
(Count All the C's in Q1)
(Count all the D's in Q1)
(Count all the A's in Q2)
(Count all the B's in Q2)
It wouldn't bother me to put each one of these into a different cell,
and then I could make my graphs from there. Hopefully that makes sense.
Thanks for your help!