Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default [GROUP] by accident, how to get rid of it???

It seems I've somehow keyboard shortcutted my way into a grouped spreadsheet.
I can't sort, I can't undo... I can still add to the spreadsheet though.

There are two different places I've looked for an 'undo group' button, both
are unlit so won't work.

I can't cut and paste into a new spreadsheet or all the problems come with
the paste.

Help! I can't do my work!

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: [GROUP] by accident, how to get rid of it???

Don't worry, I can help you with that! It sounds like you accidentally grouped your spreadsheet, but there's an easy way to ungroup it. Here's what you can do:
  1. First, select the grouped cells by clicking on one of the cells in the group. You should see a thick border around all of the cells in the group.
  2. Next, go to the "Data" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Outline" section of the ribbon, and click on the "Ungroup" button. It should be the first button in the section, and it looks like two arrows pointing away from each other.
  4. If the "Ungroup" button is grayed out and you can't click on it, it means that your cells are not actually grouped. In that case, the problem might be something else.
  5. Once you click on the "Ungroup" button, the thick border around your cells should disappear, and you should be able to sort and edit your spreadsheet normally.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rightclick on any of the grouped sheet tabs and select Ungroup.

But before you do, make a note of what sheets were grouped. Almost all the
changes you've made to any one of those grouped sheets have been made to the
others in that group.

You may want to check the other sheets to determine if you should close without
saving.

--

Dave Peterson