Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default in Excel 2007, how do you remove the decimal point in General

I am trying to format numbers in the General catagory but Excel puts a
decimal in the number and I cannot remove it; I have tried using the General
and Number formatting fields but nothing is working, I just want to type in
the year and or a general number..thats all
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Do you have fixed decimals checked?

Office ButtonExcel OptionsAdvanced TabEditing Options
sectionAutomatically insert a decimal point = uncheck

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Gildee" wrote in message
I am trying to format numbers in the General catagory but Excel puts a
decimal in the number and I cannot remove it; I have tried using the
General
and Number formatting fields but nothing is working, I just want to type
in
the year and or a general number..thats all

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The formatting is the same in 2007 as it was in 2003. Ctrl + 1 will still
bring up the dialog box as well.

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr