Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Gotti

Default How Do I Eliminate the Serial Number for time from Date?

I have a long spread sheet that has two columns of dates (Received and
Finished)
that I am importing into a pivot table and would like to use the dates in my
pivot,
less the time. For daily use, I do use the time with the date, but only
want the date
for use in the pivot table. How can I eliminate the time serial number,
before importing
into my pivot, apart from editing each individual cell?

Have a \\\I/// Blessed Day,
( o o )
--oOO-(_)-OOo-- Bob Gotti
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

Dates are stored as whole numbers (days elapsed since the reference
date), whereas times are stored as fractions of a 24 hour day. So, you
can get the date part by

=INT(A1)

if A1 holds your date/time combination. Format as required, then the
formula can be copied down.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

After you create the pivottable, you can rightclick on the date/time field and
choose Group and show detail.

Then Group, then by Days.

--

Dave Peterson