Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I remove non-numerical charaters from a string?

I have data formatted like 038-1439-00 and I would like to remove the dashes
so that the cell reads 038143900. Is there a formula in Excel that can strip
out the dashes?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200787
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I may be missing something in your question, but if you have the cells
"formatted" to show numbers with dashes, then just change the cell's format
to not show them.

Rick

"Steve" wrote in message
I have data formatted like 038-1439-00 and I would like to remove the
dashes
so that the cell reads 038143900. Is there a formula in Excel that can
strip
out the dashes?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perfect - THANKS!